Newly established unit in the College “Center for Excellence”. This center has been established with the intention of providing the appropriate academic, career guidance and support for the brighter future of students who carry our brand name.
- Provide free, independent and confidential advice and support to students, on all matters concerning academic and administrative privileges.
- Develop as required, plans, processes, and procedures specific to student support section within the framework of Zahira College’s policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain links between government departments and other related government agencies or partner university when required, pertaining to students’ matters.
- Oversee all activities undertaken to improve the welfare, counseling function and related matters and affairs of all students at school.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognized Degrees / Diploma in Psychology and/ or Higher Diploma in Counseling in local or overseas universities.
- 10 years of relevant experience in counseling preferably in an Educational Environment.
- Strong knowledge of destination and local education system.
- Good communication skill of both oral and written English and Sinhala, multilingual will an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as functions as an effective team player
- Exceptional counseling, presentation and training skills.