After the year 1922 the college showed rapid progress and it was no longer possible to study and play under cramping conditions. It was at this stage that an energetic member of staff Mr MSM Izadeen Hadjiar informed the college principal TB Jayah about a building.
Al-haj PB Umbichi who readily came forward and built at his sole expense 12 up to date class rooms and a teachers room. All of which stand magnum to his great generosity.
The funds towards the equipment of the newly built class rooms were subscribed by Messers YM Naina Marikar, MAC Mohamed , CM Sheriff, CLM Abdul Majeed.
In 1925 March 24, Sir William Hennry Manning, Governor of Ceylon declared open the twelve class rooms, the 1st Umbichi block at Zahira college