The reconstructed Muthuwappa building
Original Muthuwappa Block
Principal Mr TB Jayah decided to open classes from the kingdergarden up to London Matriculation. In 1930 foundation stone was laid on December 12th by HE Sir Herbert Stanley for kingdergarden block presented by Al-Haj PB Umbichi.
The primary section named Muthu Wappa block was completed in 1953.
Who is Muthuwappa?
M. S. Muthuwappa, an enterprising hotelier, earned his name and fame for establishing Hotels, Buhari & Pilawoos, which served the tastiest of food to its clients.
Mr. Muthuwappa was a very religious man who dedicated himself to Islam and appreciated Islamic values. He followed to the letter the Quranic injunction: “the example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing”. [2:261]